Children's Fairy Tale Collection
Once upon a time.......
A Grandma wanted to spoil her granddaughter who was desperate for a Disney inspired fairy tale princess dress, based upon the theme of a young girl who was stopped going to the Ball!
The little girl knew that if she was going to be able to get such a dress, she must earn her reward stickers with Mum and had no idea that Grandma was secretly in touch with Dawn and arranging for such a treat.
Butterflies sewn on the organza bodice
Pattern drafted to fit, with boned bodice
Fairytale Inspired Dress
Layers and layers of tulle and organza to give lots of swoosh!
Rear view of dress
Bow added to the back
The Grandma's wishes were that the dress must have:-
- Oodles and oodles of "swoosh"
- A train so that her Granddaughter could go up and down the stairs just like a Princess!
- Butterflies sewn on the gathered organza bodice
- A separate silk bodice that could be worn underneath the dress because the little girl struggled with fabrics touching her skin.
- And finally, a replica of the dress made for George her granddaughter's soft cuddle buddy toy.
And so, the measurements were handed over and the creation began!
But, as a former Primary School Teacher, Dawn wanted to ensure that the little girl had the full experience - and so, a little package of extra's were added:-
A little treasure chest, with butterfly inside, just like the film
A secret hidden message within the dress with the message "Have courage, be kind" embroidered.
Butterfly garland for her bedroom.
A Treasure Chest
Complete with butterfly and message
Secret message hidden inside the dress!
A special dress inclusive in the price for your loved one's favourite cuddle buddy.
A dress for George!
A special dress for their favourite soft toy - created to match
Back view of dress
complete with velcro fastenings for ease